Pitch to Production Holiday submissions are open!
About the Contest
tellofilms.com and DASH Productions strives to support upcoming filmmakers and writers who want to make content for our community. Where is our QUEER LADY CHRISTMAS MOVIE!? Hallmark, Lifetime and the studios aren't going to give it to us so we are going to make it ourselves! To fill this void we are launching a Holiday PITCH TO PRODUCTION contest.
We are looking for writers and directors with queer lady holiday stories that need to be told. If you have a concept that you would like to see come to fruition, send us a written pitch. We are looking for a feature length script.
Pitches will be reviewed by tello CEO Christin Baker, VP of Development Bridget McManus and the DASH Production team we will choose the winner. Baker or McManus will work with the winner on developing their script. The winning pitch will receive $500 and have their script produced.
The contest begins at 10:01 AM EST on November 20, where entrants can enter a short writing “pitch” for a feature. Submission period closes at 11:59 PM EST on December 31. Do not submit any part of your script, please ONLY submit your pitch.
The contest is open to those who are eighteen years of age or older as of November 12, 2018.
How to Enter
Are you ready to send us your pitch? Just fill out the form.
Or you can submit via FilmFreeway
November 20-December 5: Early Bird Registration ($25)
December 5- December 25: Regular Registration ($35)
December 26- December 31: Late Registration ($50)
Please include the following elements within your submission:
- Your name, email and phone number.
- The name of your “pitched” movie.
- Logline of the movie.
- Description of the characters in your movie.
- The general plot of movie, tell us more about the three acts of your story.
- Why you are passionate about your pitch.
- All contest submission MUST be an original creation.
- Submission must be written in English.
- Submissions must be NEW and not already produced, sold to a third-party and not distributed online.
- Submissions CANNOT infringe the copyright or any other proprietary right of another individual or entity and shall not contain materials from published artists.
- Submissions must not contain any brands or logos.
We reserve the right to choose finalists and ask for a writing sample of a script from each finalist. One winner will be selected to receive the GRAND PRIZE.
The winner will received $500 cash for their script.