About the Contest
THE CONTEST OPENS MAY 15TH BUT YOU CAN LOOK OVER THE RULES TO SEE CONTEST RULES
tellofilms.com strives to be the lesbian/bisexual Netflix and wants to help upcoming filmmakers and writers. After a frustrating year of lesbian characters (once again) being killed off on our favorite shows, tello is launching its first ever PITCH TO PRODUCTION contest.
We are looking for writers and directors with lesbian/bisexual stories that need to be told. If you have a webseries concept that you would like to see come to fruition, send us a written pitch for your original webseries. All webseries should consist of five episodes, each with a length of five minutes or more.
Pitches will be reviewed by tello CEO Christin Baker and tello’s new VP of Development Bridget McManus, and three finalists will be chosen. Baker and McManus will work with the three finalists on development and pre-production of their series but only one will be selected and win a grand prize of a $1000 to go towards the production budget and a 6-month distribution deal on tellofilms.com.
The contest begins at 10:01 AM EST on May 15, where entrants can enter a short writing “pitch” submission of a webseries concept broken down into five episodes (each episode should be five minutes or less.) Submission period closes at 11:59 PM EST on July 30.
The contest is open to those who are eighteen years of age or older as of June 15, 2016.
How to Enter
(CURRENTLY THE CONTEST IS CLOSED) To enter, fill out the registration form. There is no limit to the number of submissions you can enter.
June 15: Early Bird Registration is $25 and ends June 28 June 29: Registration is $40 and ends July 19
- July 20: Late Registration is $50 and ends July 30
Please include the following elements within your submission:
- Your name, email and phone number.
- The name of your “pitched” webseries.
- What the series is about.
- Description of your characters in your series.
- The general plot of each of the five episodes.
- Why you are passionate about your pitch.
- Why the tello audience should watch your series if selected.
- All contest submission MUST be an original creation.
- Submission must be written in English.
- Submissions must be NEW and not already produced, sold to a third-party and not distributed online.
- Submissions CANNOT infringe the copyright or any other proprietary right of another individual or entity and shall not contain materials from published artists.
- Submissions must not contain any brands or logos.
Three finalists will be selected and will work one on one developing their webseries with tello’s CEO and/or VP of Development. The three finalists will be required to record a pitch for the tello community. Finalists will be chosen based on feedback from various tello creatives and the number of views of the pitch video. One winner will be selected to receive the GRAND PRIZE.
The winner will received a $1,000 to go towards the production budget, assigned a tello executive producer to assist from pre to post production of their series and a 6-month distribution deal with tellofilms.com. After the 6-month time period the contest winner will have sole ownership over said webseries.