Pitch to Production 2018 submissions are open!
About the Contest
tellofilms.com strives to support upcoming filmmakers and writers who want to make content for our community. We don't believe that lesbian characters on television receive the same treatment in regards to story and screen time as other characters and tello is once again launching its second PITCH TO PRODUCTION contest.
We are looking for writers and directors with lesbian/bisexual stories that need to be told. If you have a webseries concept that you would like to see come to fruition, send us a written pitch for your original webseries. All webseries should consist of five episodes, each with a length of five minutes or more.
Pitches will be reviewed by tello CEO Christin Baker and tello’s new VP of Development Bridget McManus, and three finalists will be chosen. Baker and McManus will work with the three finalists on development and pre-production of their series but only one will be selected and win a grand prize of a $3,500 in goods and services to go towards the production budget and a 6-month distribution deal on tellofilms.com.
The contest begins at 10:01 AM EST on July 1, where entrants can enter a short writing “pitch” submission of a webseries concept broken down into five episodes (each episode should be at least five minutes) Submission period closes at 11:59 PM EST on August 19.
The contest is open to those who are eighteen years of age or older as of July 1, 2018.
How to Enter
Are you ready to send us your pitch? Just fill out the form.
Or you can submit via FilmFreeway
July 1-14: Early Bird Registration
July 15- August 4: Regular Registration
August 4-19: Late Registration
Please include the following elements within your submission:
- Your name, email and phone number.
- The name of your “pitched” webseries.
- What the series is about.
- Description of your characters in your series.
- The general plot of each of the five episodes.
- Why you are passionate about your pitch.
- Why the tello audience should watch your series if selected.
- All contest submission MUST be an original creation.
- Submission must be written in English.
- Submissions must be NEW and not already produced, sold to a third-party and not distributed online.
- Submissions CANNOT infringe the copyright or any other proprietary right of another individual or entity and shall not contain materials from published artists.
- Submissions must not contain any brands or logos.
Finalists will be selected and will have a week to record and submit a pitch for the tello community. All finalists will receive an automatic distribution deal from tello for 6-months and will work one on one developing their webseries with tello’s CEO and/or VP of Development Finalists will be chosen based on feedback from various tello creatives and the number of views of the pitch video. One winner will be selected to receive the GRAND PRIZE.
The winner will received either $100 cash prize or $3,500 in goods and services to go towards the production budget, assigned a tello executive producer to assist from pre to post production of their series and a 6-month distribution deal with tellofilms.com. After the 6-month time period the contest winner will have sole ownership over said webseries.